Friday, July 28, 2017

Announcing the return of Rephullmen

Hiya guys and girls!
     There is nothing about a surfboard in this post.
I am simply announcing my return to a form of social media- this form, the archaic Blog.
For close to 5 years now, I've been a conscientious objector to all forms of social media...
why? might you ask!
I always saw any social media as a form of conveying real information. When I saw it become just a forum for blowhards with not a lot to say except how bitchen they were, I decided that this just wasn't my style.
     Have I changed my mind and become another blow-hard?
     No.
I decided to go back to an original, informational format, to give real information about  Fineline and PhD surfboards. I have no desire to give trendy sound bites- if you haven't the attention span to spend 3 or 4 minutes to read what I have to say, then you needn't bother! It is what it is. I've done a helluva lot of new shit in the last 5 years, am doing it right now, and people who actually give a crap have had no way of knowing about it, unless they were on a very tight Old Boy network- people who know me personally, friends of my friends, or people who took the trouble to email me, and usually (not always!) received an answer.
     So don't expect a blog a day about something trendy, super-cool, and that makes me look cutting edge when I haven't actually done anything except shape yet another custom board- a board literally for one rider- the customer who ordered it.
     I'll be doing my first new Real surfboard post within a week, and whenever I have something useful to say, I'll say it.
     By the way, I'm currently handshaping everything- have been since I left the net.
                                    Thanks for reading this,    BJ 

4 comments:

  1. Yes welcome back!! Please post updates of your design and production developments and thoughts BJ! And also please consider utilizing Instagram as a means of information (shaping photos!) dissemination. I think you'll find a very active and involved community there. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stoked. Love your boards and this blog. Nice compliment to Displacementia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back bj. Peace and love, peace and love, peace and love.

    ReplyDelete