Thursday, July 28, 2011

RHAnt

I really like Tim: he knows what he wants, has an idea of what it should look like, but is wise enough to throw a clue as to the board's ultimate purpose.
This could be anywhere in Cali, during any era. It's what I heard Tim saying he wanted.
So I shaped him this:


Just an ANT. Never "just" for anyone who Knows What They Want- but an Ant, nonetheless. But after a few rides, more info bubbles up from Tim, about something we no longer have, both in surf, and in rider- Russell Hughes, dead last May. I begin to understand: He saw this,

And he was thinking this: Russ on the left.


I'm just happy he could ride like this. Sounds like he is, too.

5 comments:

  1. To bad about Russell , great surfer, some great footage of him longboarding Nossa in the beginnig of The Hot Generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P Russell

    -Frisco Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. when is a blog no longer a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's bob mctavish on th eright of Russel (RIP) both incredible influencers

    ReplyDelete