Monday, April 22, 2013

New Hully Short Stuff

Here's a couple of new short guys that I've been working on for close to a year.
The Egg On Acid. A hyper short version of the Tri-Egg, it carries the classic soft egg rail on top of the hull,
with a kink in the template and tail rocker, along with a barreled V to give a solid pivot off of the tail.

This one is 5'11, 17" x 21 1/4" x 16 1/2". I've made them anywhere from 5'7 to 6'2, and it probably
can go a little bigger, as well.
       The other board is the VeeBee:
Obviously, a variant of the GeeBee. This one is 5'9, 18 1/8 x 21 x 17. The difference is in the tail: it stays wider in the back third, and corners into a narrower tail block, more like Velo, hence the name. Bottom-wise, it also goes into a firm Vee in the tail, with a rocker kink.

Otherwise, this board has the same rocker, bottom, and committed hull rail as the GeeBee.
On both these boards, I've opened up the fin options. Both can be ridden as single fins (of course),
but by using standard 2-plug FCS for the side boxes, two different fin setups can go down.
One would be the classic GeeBee/MP one-plus two setup:
This setup is the classic for more committed rail turns. A more tail-friendly option is this:
A two-plus one setup. Either way, both of these boards have a different feel. I dig 'em!



7 comments:

  1. REPHULLMEN! is back! , nice shapes Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The FCS plug idea is a brilliant one. I have a similar board to the blue one, and the only thing I don't like about it is that I can't set the side bites forward like your geebee or the Liddles.

    One time on a small day I tried some MR twins and a small trailer just for the heck of it. This caused some debate among the old guys in the parking lot.

    Anyways, I totally love that you take fin versatility into consideration in these small stubby boards, and I hope I can order a custom from you someday. Keep on doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that the side-bite shift option is really pertinent, especially for these boards that can give you some hull feel in less than stellar conditions. You mentioned the MR twin; didn't I post my hulled MR? The feedback was that the tail was too narrow to comfortably get up on the hull, but I still have faith in a twin fin hull, it has just been back-burnered.
    Thanks for the comment, BJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, that FCS plug idea is a gem. What kind of fin in the last pic of the veebee, the 7" one? Have you tried the FCS two plug option with the MP or LRH yet?
    Thanks for the updates Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interested in the VeeBee. Where does the pricing for a custom start at, timeframe for delivery?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mollusk has it eh: http://store.mollusksurfshop.com/collections/surfboards/products/59-fineline-veebee

    But I'm sure they could put you in touch with Brian too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really good! I like to watch such new products! Good job!
    You can also see here: https://easy-surfshop.com

    ReplyDelete