Saturday, May 28, 2011

Perfect Fineline Style




I have absolutely no clue who She is, nor do I particularly care. I just know that this is an
aesthetically perfect union of board and human. It didn't hurt that I pulled up this picture
while a certain song was playing on my WinAmp- the almost impossible-to-find Black Album live version of "Smash It Up" by the Damned. One of those right-place/right-time kind of situations.
So I give you both, but not quite:
This is the link to the '82 gig of the Damned at the Whiskey A Go-Go- they screw up righteously through the whole song, but at least Captain Sensible is naked. He wasn't when the Damned played at Godzilla's in the Valley in 1981.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRRbgI72ahc

2 comments:

  1. Godzilla's! wholy shit, totally forgot about that place. went there a lot round 82'-83'? (tsol, 45 grave, circle one, channel 3, black flag) when I could find someone with a car to drive into hollywood. I was just turning 15 and my only transportation was a Duane Peters skateboard with OJ's and indy 169's.

    ReplyDelete